Monday, August 4, 2008

A New Dragonfly & Damselfly

My 10 yr old nephew accompanied me on my afternoon walk today and thanks to his very young eagle eyes, I managed to get pics of a new dragonfly and my first damselfly!  I am quite excited and yes, life is such that this is great excitement :) and totally fun!  Whether my fertile imagination or not, even my nephew commented that they do not get all excited and fly away so much anymore when I am around - possibly because I have been tromping through every day....who knows?  This evening is set aside to do a bit of research and see if I can discover the names - the amber and brown striped wings are Halloween Pennant Dragonflies as I discovered and Baker Watson was kind to confirm.  It was another windy day here which means at least 60% of the pics come out blurred but I was pleased with those that came out!  YAY!
almost red Halloween Pennant w/ flyby in corner

No comments:

Post a Comment

who doesn't like comments? tell me what you think and make sure you add your blog as a friend of the Hive!

Related Posts with Thumbnails