Monday, August 23, 2010

Mom's Summer Sauce for Pasta

I was a bit of a weird kid - I did not really like ketchup, I hated most pizza sauce and I was not a fan of red sauce on spaghetti.  This should translate to the fact that I did not like tomatoes but for whatever kid-combobulated reason, I would eat fresh tomatoes (with mayo and S&P).

My Mom came up with a great and light summer sauce for pasta that did not offend my red sauce sensibilities and has been a favorite recipe for me to bring into adulthood and make over and over with great success for guests and family.  Enjoy!

1.5 pds tomatoes (canned or fresh)
4 cloves of chopped garlic
1 pd linguine (or whatever you like)
6 TB butter
2 TB fresh basil minced or 2 tsp dry basil

3/4 cup of parmesan cheese


Put tomato and garlic in pan and bring to a boil.  Watch your liquid and you can add some EVOO if it is drying out.  Simmer about 20 min or until you have 1 1/4 cup.
Cook pasta.
Melt butter with basil and toss with pasta.
Add tomato sauce and toss.
Add parmesan cheese and toss.
Add light S&P.

 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

who doesn't like comments? tell me what you think and make sure you add your blog as a friend of the Hive!

Related Posts with Thumbnails