Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hampstead Heath

I can hardly believe that just down the road (5 min) there is an idyllic retreat from the noise and congestion of the city - Hampstead Heath.  Eight hundred acres of meadows and ponds and forest and hills not far from central London. 
We took a walk today and saw the blackberries (I am bringing a bag tomorrow!) and the trees and the meadows.  I know I go on a bit but after a year and a half in the desert and 13 years in Florida - I have not seen vegetation like this since I grew up in the Northeast of the United States.  And the smells!  You can smell summer and the sunshine and the berries and it is gorgeous ....  definitely a daily walk - besides, I still have to climb Parliament Hill!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

who doesn't like comments? tell me what you think and make sure you add your blog as a friend of the Hive!

Related Posts with Thumbnails