Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Simple Mashed Veg - Get Creative!

I love my mashed potatoes but it was not until I was living in London that I began adding more to create a mashed veg instead of just mashed potatoes.

Simple easy and something a bit different and healthy too...if you watch the butter and salt :)...

Potatoes - try some new potatoes with skin on!
Swede - my absolute favorite - called Swede (aka Swedish Turnip) in the UK and Rutebegas in the US
Carrot - just for some color!
Jerusalem Artichoke - these are not your average artichoke



Boil and then mash ALL together with some liberal butter and salt and a little EVOO if needed...Personally, I use a hand masher so that it stays chunky and presents with great texture!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

who doesn't like comments? tell me what you think and make sure you add your blog as a friend of the Hive!

Related Posts with Thumbnails