I tweeted out some requests for suggestions and I am looking for some out of the way eateries and day trips. ALL suggestions are welcome and SO appreciated & you will be entered into a giveaway for a $25 Smashburger gift certificate (see details below)! My family has always been big travelers so we like off the beaten track and local restaurants.
We do have a few things planned:
- Great Salt Lake & Antelope Island ( and we added the Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve thank you to @nedr3547 who works for the Nature Conservancy)
- Sunday Brunch at the Wild Grape Bistro (@WildGrapeBistro on twitter) - now this has been a well talked about restaurant by all of the Utah foodies so we are SO excited (Thank you to @jennistokes and @phemom for the confirmations & recommends!)
- Dinner at Communal Restaurant in Provo - realllllll Foodie Food...in Provo! (hat tip to @jet_set!)
- Weekend in Park City (looking for places to eat!)
- Long weekend to St. George & Zion & Escalante
- Weekend to Moab
- Enchanted Evenings with Spiderella and Hogle Zoo (can you say arachnophobia? but the boys are so excited that they cannot see straight - sigh ... the things you do for love)
- Utah Museum of Natural History - we HAVE to see Utahceratops
- Temple Square in Salt Lake & This is the Place Heritage Park
- "Celebrate the Bounty" in Salt Lake on October 21 - more foodie adventures!
- I am going to stuff my face with My Dough Girl cookies and bring even more home to eat (@MyDoughGirl on twitter)
- Bingham Canyon Mine (far be it from me to deter young boys' enthusiasm for huge holes in the ground that can be seen from space!)
- Clark Planetarium
- Provo Pioneer Museum
- from @PheMom who has a husband that has a COOL job at iFLY Utah which elicited more enthusiasm from the boys!
- from @TheWriteImage - stand up paddle surfing on the Salt Lake - and after looking at the site, they have full moon paddle surfing! Just wondering about the temperature of the water & if Salt Lake has its own Loch Ness Monster lol!
- from @jet_set - Ride out to Sundance Resort for lunch!
Smashburger gift certificate to a winner chosen at random on October 1, 2010 from @tweets and from the comments here below - make sure your suggestions are not duplicating any of the above AND make sure they are entered by September 30, 2010 at midnight mountain time. To keep it simple, one entry per person.
Who doesn't love Smashburger? The Beehive Blog LOVES the Beehive Smashburger!
And while you are here, check out the Utah Bloggers Rock blogroll -----> if your blog is not on there, let me know and I will add it!